As we come to the end of this calendar year, it is a good time to look back on our achievements and the major happenings of 2020.
- We have managed to keep 100% delivery accuracy for our main customer in the wind business. In addition, we introduced a new generator version with extended power, which has already passed the reliability testing. Now, we are ramping up deliveries of this enhanced version, another project where seamless teamwork is absolutely necessary.
- The Large Drive Test Center (LDTC), the biggest investment in our history, has also been finalized and commissioned during this year. It is actively being used now for high-power shaft generator testing, which would not have been possible without the special facility.
- And what comes with these next-generation shaft generators? We have succeeded in winning major projects with our partners. During this year, we won more than 30 shaft generator orders based on the new PMM 1500 frame size – and more are coming.
- Another milestone has been the order from Caterpillar / Berg Propulsion to whom we will deliver a complete package of high power propulsion motors, auxiliary generators, DC-Hubs and a transformer.
- We have also managed to win business with new high-speed customers as well as continue our long-term business with our existing customers. This year marks our launch of delivering a standalone machine and Yaskawa-based drive package.
Perhaps this year’s biggest change was the retirement of some of our long-term management team members. Luckily, we had people in house ready to take on the challenge of keeping the wheels rolling briskly.
It has been encouraging to see how quickly we have been able to reorganize. It is not always that easy to cope with this kind of rapid change, and then especially when at the same time we have had travel restrictions and remote work due to COVID-19.
I am grateful for your continued support during my rewarding start at the helm of our company.
And most of all, I would like to wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Spend some time with your families and special ones. It’s time to recharge our batteries – and look ahead to the new challenges of next year.
At Yaskawa Environmental Energy / The Switch, we’re ready to push harder than ever before to help you reach your goals!