On Wednesday, April 13, Yaskawa Environmental Energy / The Switch took part in the Container Ship Tech & Ops Webinar Week organized by Riviera Maritime Media.
From LNG and LNG-ready to bio-LNG, ammonia-ready, methanol and fuel saving technologies, container operators are considering an expanding range of fueling options to meet decarbonization targets. This webinar shares key information that supports container vessel operators of varying size and profiles to adopt the right strategy to future-proof their ships.
Listen as we discuss:
- LNG as a transition fuel to bio-LNG and other alternative fuels
- Fuel savings in container vessels by using permanent magnet shaft generators
- Choosing the right alternative fuel for a newbuild
- Newbuilding and retrofit options
- Technical and operational issues
- Cost and OPEX considerations
- Jussi Puranen, Head of Product Line, Electric Machines, Yaskawa Environmental Energy / The Switch
- Andreas Bach, Senior Advisor in Maritime Affairs/Director, RISE, Research Institutes of Sweden
- Hrishikesh Chatterjee, Promotion Manager – Two Stroke Engines, MAN Energy Solutions
About Jussi Puranen
Head of Product Line, Electric Machines
Yaskawa Environmental Energy / The Switch, Finland
Jussi has nearly 2 decades of experience in R&D and product development of electrical machines, and his main responsibilities are the product management and R&D of electric machines (especially PM machines). Puranen holds an M.Sc. (Technology) degree in Electrical Engineering and a D.Sc. (Technology) degree from the Lappeenranta University of Technology (LUT), Finland.