High-speed induction machines
- Gearless, direct-drive solution
- From 300 kW up to 2 MW and 20,000 rpm
- Simple design with fewer components
- 50% savings in space and weight
- Easy to install
- Withstands high centrifugal forces and thermal cycling
High speed machine highlights
The Switch standalone machines offer quicker deliveries with minimal project-specific redesign work. The shaft end can be adapted to customer needs. The unit is available with feet mounting or flange mounting.
Cooling is modular. A heat exchanger can be used for closed-loop water-to-air cooling. Open cooling is available, or fans can be attached to the shaft. Optionally, a separate electrical fan can be used.
Find out what makes solid rotor technology the best choice for high-speed applications:
In this whitepaper, you will learn:
- Why solid rotor technology is the best choice for turbo applications.
- How to reduce the amount of components and lower maintenance needs significantly.
- How to simplify your system considerably.
- How to gain full control over the entire operating range.
Advantages of solid rotor technology
|Fewer components and lower investment cost|
|10 years of industrial operation with 0 rotor failure|
|50% less weight|
Investment payback in 2 years
The machine structure is more compact and lighter in weight, and requires up to 50% less space than a conventional design. This results in an overall smaller footprint for the entire system. The solid rotor construction provides high mechanical integrity and rigidity. Without the gearbox, you can reach higher system efficiencies.